Hasan Kalyoncu University
School of Foreign Languages
2020-2021 Academic Year Proficiency and Placement Exam Directive (Download)
Both our students who could not complete their preparatory education in the 2019-2020 academic year and our newly registered students will take the Proficiency and Placement Exam on Tuesday, October 6, 2020. The exam will have both face-to-face and online sessions in line with the HYBRIT education model determined by our university for the Fall semester of the 2020-2021 Academic Year. Necessary information regarding the exam sessions is as follows:
1st Session (FOR ALL OUR STUDENTS)
October 6, 2020 / 9.30 – 11.30 (FACE TO FACE)
|The first session of the exam to be held on HKU campus at 9.30 on Tuesday, October 6, 2020 consists of LISTENING, READING and WRITING. This session will last 2 hours in total. Information about classrooms and student lists will be announced on www.ydy.hku.edu.tr.|
2nd Session (FOR ELT STUDENTS ONLY)
October 6, 2020 / 13.00 (FACE TO FACE)
|Only our students from the Department of English Language Teaching will attend the second session at 13:00 on Tuesday, October 6, 2020. SPEAKING skills of our students will be measured in this face-to-face session.|
2nd Session (FOR NON-ELT STUDENTS)
October 7, 2020 / (ONLINE)
|Only Non-ELT students who take at least 60 points in the first session will attend this session. SPEAKING skills of our students will be measured in this online session. This online session which will be held on Wednesday, October 7, 2020 will be made through appointment on the Zoom application. The student lists and information about the second session time will be announced on www.ydy.hku.edu.tr.|
The points to be considered by all students who will take the Proficiency and Placement Exam are given below:
- All students who will attend the face-to-face sessions must obtain a HES code. Students without HES code will not be admitted to the campus.
- Students who will participate in both face-to-face and online sessions must show their ID, passport or HKU student cards with their photographs on them to the examiners for identification. Otherwise, they will not be allowed to take the exam.
- In face-to-face sessions, all necessary precautions will be taken carefully in our exam halls within the scope of Covid-19 measures for the health of our students and lecturers. All participants will be provided with face masks before, during and after the exam.
- The online speaking exam will be held on the Zoom platform. Make sure you have the Zoom application installed on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Students who will participate in the online speaking exam should make sure that their internet access on their computers, tablets or mobile devices is good, and that their microphones and cameras are fully functioning. Students whose cameras and/or microphones do not work in the online exam will not be allowed to take the exam. Problems arising from all these failures are the responsibility of the student.