At Intermediate, Upper-intermediate and Advanced levels at Hasan Kalyoncu University (HKU) School of Foreign Languages (SFL), students are offered with skill-based courses in order to provide a chance to develop each of their skills significantly. Following their skill-based courses, students are offered ESP (English for Specific Purposes) courses in their field of study to create an educational bridge between SFL and their departments.
For a conference entitled ““Current practices and the future of quality in EAP & ESP”, professionals in ESP and EAP were hosted by TED University English Language School, sponsored by IATEFL, British Council ve Macmillan Education in Ankara on 24-25 May 2019. To represent our school, HKU SFL Vice director Lect. Ahmet KONUKOĞLU attended the conference.
To improve this implementation at our school, we will continue to take part in the similar conferences within the context of Quality Management, Quality in Education and International Accreditation.
Some topics of the conference:
- Embedding critical thinking in EAP courses
- Educational quality and accreditation in EAP programs
- Enhancing students’ communication skills in ESP classes through team teaching
- The impacts of written production on vocabulary learning in ESP classes
- Towards quality: Managing change in a prep year EAP program
- Professional development needs of ESP instructors